Third Season - Full Box Set Now Available
$480.00 USD (VAT included)
Our third series of records includes a box set designed by Antoine Leroux. All of our cover and interior photographs for Season three come fare by Maciej Markowicz. Original text by Ingrid Astier. Our Recording Engineer on all six records is the incomparable multi-Grammy winning Marc Urselli. Mastering engineer is the brilliant Alex Deturk. Jim Hoppin and Sarah Enid Hagey shot lovely video for us at these sessions. All video editing is by the award-winning Ben Chace. Anna Yatskevich shoots all our studio photos.
We are incredibly proud to present our Third Season of records.
- Steve Cardenas is releasing a record dedicated to greats Charlie Haden and Paul Motian. Recording, with a quartet built of long-time collaborators of both titans Loren Stillman on sax, Thomas Morgan on bass and Matt Wilson on drums, all Charlie and Paul tunes, a couple of which have never been recorded.
- The Chicagoan composer and saxophonist Andrew Zimmerman (previously featured on our first release, Frank Kimbrough’s “Meantime”) has put together a drumless quartet featuring pianist Kevin Hays (recording here on the same 9 foot Fazioli that Jack DeJohnette used), the bassist Matt Penman and the great Dave Douglas on trumpet.
- Lionel Loueke is releasing his first ever album of standards featuring extraordinary accomplices Reuben Rogers on bass and Eric Harland on drums.
- Skúli Sverrisson and Bill Frisell are releasing their first collaboration. All original music from Skúli, much of it written for Bill. If you are familiar with Skúli and Bill's music, you'll know what you're getting into, a record of uncommon depth and beauty.
- Incredible Cuban drummer Francisco Mela (McCoy Tyner, Joe Lovano, John Scofield) is releasing an album of all original material with his working band featuring Kris Davis, Gerald Cannon and Hery Paz.
- Boston based trumpeter Jason Palmer put together a band of his long time New York collaborators for a session of originals and original takes on standards with pianist Leo Genovese (previously featured on his own record on Newvelle), bassist Joe Martin and drummer Kendrick Scott.
Bill Frisell | ©Jordan Kleinman
Thomas Morgan | ©Anna Yatskevich
Kendrick Scott, Joe Martin, Jason Palmer, Leo Genovese | ©Anna Yatsevich